BAHAREQUE TORRA

BAHAREQUE TORRA has its origin in the coffee growing families associated to Cooperativa de Cafetaleros Del Norte del Valle – CAFENORTE. The small holders who produce this exclusive coffee are located in the far North of the Valle del Cauca region in the Central mountains.

In the surrounding areas, there are mountains and moist climates where the coffee crops are technified with appropriate agronomic management. This allows a good development from tree growing until its production. All of this ensures an excellent quality of the grain and unique taste.

Harvest: 40% is in the first half of the year and the remaining 60% during the second half of the year.

Coffee producers carry out careful picking by hand. After removing the skin and the pulp, the coffee beans are carried into tanks for the fermentation and washing process. This process takes around 18 hours. Finally, the coffee beans are sun-dried for 4 to 5 days.

In the nearby areas of BAHAREQUE TORRA crops, there can be found zones with virgin forests which have a huge quantity of environmental resources such as water births, flora and fauna diversity. This is where the producers help to protect and promote the care of all these areas with the guide of sustainable practices, promoted by Cafenorte.

Support to the local farmers:

Families from the North-west of the Valle del Cauca have more than a half century tradition of working with coffee plantations. It is part of their culture and it is the main characteristic of the region.
CAFENORTE provides coffee growers with different social and economic programs with the purpose of motivating them to maintain the production of specialty coffee. Some of the programs include:
– Educational support
– Training related to all the process of coffee production
– Giving specialty coffee surcharge directly to the small holder
– Investments in milling and crop process
All these programs help to enhance the competitiveness of coffee growing families. The coffee growers have different certifications, which guarantee good farming practices, good social conditions and a better business management of their farms.

CAFENORTE guarantees the trace-ability in all steps of production from the crop, harvesting, processing and milling, where they control and ensure the supply chain. As a result, it allows their clients and the final consumer to trust in the brand and cooperative.


DATA SHEET

– Coffee Name: BAHAREQUE TORRA
– Screen: EP 2,5%
– Sorting: By machine and hand
– Certifications: Protected Origin Denomination Colombia / Protected Geographical Indication

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION
– Country: Colombia
– Region: North of Valle del Cauca
– Altitude: 1500 – 1900 m.a.s.l

COFFEE GROWING CHARACTERISTICS
– Varieties: Castillo – Caturro – Colombia
– Drying: Sun-dried
– Processing: Traditional, 18 hours between natural fermentation and washing process
– Sub-product Management: The pulp and water used in the first washing process are biologically processed and they are used as organic compost.

ORGANOLEPTIC CHARACTERISTICS 
– Notes: Caramel, fruity, citrus notes
– Acidity: Sparkling
– Body: Juicy
– Score: >85

Note: All our Cafenorte supplied green coffees are tasted and certified in CAFENORTE’s quality laboratory, which has been certified as SCA Premier Training Campus since 2013, being the first certified lab in Colombia. This specialty coffee is selected by their quality staff with Q- grader certification.

  • Jute sack and Grainpro bag of 70 kg

Request Sample

15 + 6 =